Malta Permanent Residence Programme
In March 2021, Residency Malta agency launched the new Malta Permanent Residency Programme [MPRP] (L.N 121 of 2021) replacing the Malta Residency Visa Programme [MRVP] (L.N 288 of 2015) with the aim of streamlining the programme and strengthen its benefits.
The new Malta Permanent Residence Programme offers a unique opportunity to foreign individuals and their families to apply and acquire a permanent residence in a European country. Beneficiaries will have the right to settle and reside permanently in Malta or Gozo with direct investments that includes a property investment for the family to enjoy, and other contributions towards the Maltese government.
Get the most favourable Residency Card within 4 - 6 months!
Key benefits for Maltese Permanent Residency:
- Member country of the European Union (since 2004), part of the Schengen area (since 2007) and member of the Commonwealth of Nations (since 1964)
- Free movement within the entire Schengen area
- One of the safest countries in the world (according to the World Risk Report)
- Malta is an economically stable country with a credit rating A + showing one of the highest economic growth rates among all EU countries
- There is no obligation to know the Maltese language
- The right to reside in Malta without any restrictions and no obligations to reside any minimum number of days
- No age restrictions for children to be included as part of the application, provided that they are not married and confirmed as financial dependent of the main applicant
- Option to add additional family members after residency certificate has been issued
- The applicant and his/her spouse can include financially dependent parents as part of the application
- Exceptional education and leading health care system ranking in the top 5 (according to WHO)
- The residence card is issued for 5 years renewable for a period of 5 years thereafter